Gordon Korman
Realistic Fiction.
Rating: 8/10
warning: none
Four teenagers think that they are coming to the ocean so they can be apart of a diving internship, but they are confused about why they were chosen. One intern was a hockey player from Canada, one was a photographer, one was a rich girl with a family of architects, and one was a girl with a handicapped leg. Only one of the kids had any experience and it was the girl with the handicap. They are even more confused when their boss is actually trying to avoid them. They find out that there is something very important going on and they are in the middle of it.
The four teenagers find out that they need to stick together. They find out about the importance of teamwork and friendship.
The author tells the story in a third-person omniscient. The narrator knows about all the peoples thoughts and feelings. I like how he tells it. He writes it in a way that doesn't reveal anything or cause problems like that.
Dive is for kids in the age range of about 18-12. It is about teenagers and so teenagers would probably like it the most, but I think that mostly all ages will enjoy it. It has some fun parts and cool facts.
I read this book for school and my sister recommended it to me. I would recommend it to teenagers who like suspenseful stories, but I would also recommend it to people of all ages. A kids review on Amazon said, "I give Dive 5 stars because it's exciting and it kept my interest. I guarentee you'll be saticfied whith this book." He is right about that. Also, Brenda Brooks said, "The Discovery is an interesting, exciting book, because you never know what will happen next and there's always a new twist." I agree with that.
No comments:
Post a Comment