Rick Riordan
Fantasy
Rating: 9/10
Warning: Nothing
After being accused of stealing lightning from Zeus, Percy Jackson tries to have a normal school year, but that's hard when you are being chased by monsters. Percy Jackson has to rush back to camp where he finds out that the barriers protecting the camp are falling a part. The tree that once was a girl named Thalia, has been poisoned, and Grover is missing. To save Grover and the rest of the camp, Percy, his old friend Annabeth, and a newly discovered brother travel to the Sea of Monsters.
On his journey, Percy finds out that help can come from very unusual places. He also learns that he needs to trust his friends throughout all the challenges he faces.
In this book, it is about the Greek Gods and half-bloods. It is told in first-person. Percy Jackson tells the story from his eyes and his thoughts. It has adventure and some humor in it too. It show how Percy Jackson and his friends are different from the average teenagers. It has some information about the Greek Gods but also has some fun twists to them.
Percy Jackson is book that is for most ages. It is about teenagers, so that is probably the intended target, but most adults or kids will probably like them too. It is for people who enjoy fantasy and adventure.
I decided to read this book after I read the first book for an English class. I liked the first so I decided to read the second. I thought is was just as good, if not better than the first. "Rick Riordan comes through again, and this follow up to The Lightning Thief is just as entertaining, informative and action-packed as the first book," said Amanda Richards. I like how it takes some of Greek history and twists it into a fun modern day story. "The action never seems to slow down," said Cara from good reads. I would recommend this book to any one who like adventure books.
No comments:
Post a Comment